BillerudKorsnäs must never strive for financial success at the expense of future generations. In manufacturing our products we use resources from nature: forests, energy and water. This means that we also take responsibility for minimising the impact on the environment at every step of the process.
We have worked actively for many years
For BillerudKorsnäs, the environmental issue is not a new phenomenon, it has long been a natural part of our business activities and a prerequisite of our long-term survival. Improving production by means of technical innovations and, at the same time, developing environmentally smart packaging solutions is an ongoing process.
Part of the eco-cycle
- The amount of forest in Sweden is increasing
- Growing forests binds CO2
- The company's wood raw material comes from certified forestry or other responsibly managed sources
- BillerudKorsnäs' materials are turned into packaging that can be recycled five to six times over
- The spent fibre is used as biofuel
- Incineration gives off CO2 that is taken up by growing trees