BillerudKorsnäs does business in line with good business ethics, which strengthens trust among investors and customers. In the supplier chain we set requirements for environmental considerations and social responsibility.
The Code of Conduct as a basis
Our Code of Conduct sums up our responsibilities, guidelines, procedures, values and targets. The aim is for it to serve as a guideline for all employees in their day to day work.
- Compassion and responsibility – rights and responsibilities as individuals
- Care and consideration – in relationships with customers and employees
- A part of society – responsibility for sustainable development locally and globally
- Our employees – a safe and stimulating working environment with a focus on equality
- Consideration for the environment – renewable raw materials and climate smart products
- Our customers’ confidence – attentiveness and responsibility for the products
- Close to our business partners – good business ethics and an open dialogue
- Responsibility to our owners – long-term, stable and sustainable increase in value
- Application and compliance – code for everyone, incidents are reported
UN Declaration on Human Rights
The Code of Conduct is based on the UN Declaration on Human Rights and other international guidelines, such as the UN Global Compact, the OECD’s guidelines for multinational companies and the ILO’s conventions on decent working conditions.
- The UN’s Global Compact on sustainable business practices www.unglobalcompact.org
- The OECD’s guidelines for multinational companies www.oecd.org
- The ILO’s fundamental conventions on human rights at work www.ilo.org